I decided to change the sign lintels to look a bit more 'classic' in design. I realised that because the ends of the sign boxes I have slide out for lamp maintenance, that I could build new end-caps to get the different look.
The new end-caps are built up from several layers of MDF - the backmost fitting into the slot which holds the sign, and the front one chamfered to match the chamfer on the edge of the sign box.
I've kept the old end-caps and signs, so I could revert the box to its Season 18 appearance if desired.
I never really liked the door sign, and since it's glued in, I had to make a new door.
The door is made by routering a strip of wood at two different depths, one for the 'glass' (I used acrylic sheet again) and one for the hardboard back, which is glued in place. A paper print-out of the sign graphic is sandwiched between the glass and hardboard. This is pretty much how I made the old one.
The acrylic glass here was treated in the same way as the windows and sign lintels.